An excellent opportunity has become available for a Sales Engineer in our growing business in Wellington, Florida for immediate start. We are looking for a talented commercially focused engineer to join our team. The successful applicant will have a busy and wide reaching role in a fun environment in our fast paced LED world.
The Sales Engineer position is one of the most important roles within the company because it maybe the first interaction between the customer and the company, and this is driving many of the sales in the more technical lighting industry. You will also provide exceptional customer service to our customers and franchisees and post-sale technical support to maintain and strengthen our already established reputation.
Knowledge and Experience:
The successful candidate would be an self motivated, energetic team player, acute attention to detail with the ability to perform these responsibilities:
- Develop and evaluate photometric layouts using AGI32.
- Evaluate design ideas based on aesthetics, function, serviceability, and budget.
- Contribute to client design presentations.
- Design creative lighting layouts for unique applications.
- Maintain high level on knowledge on ASHRAE, IECC, IESNA, and Title 24.
- Leverage relationships with industry professionals to build business.
- Support project managers on a variety of project types.
- Design controls layouts for interior or exterior projects.
- Work with sales team to create accurate BOM for quoting and verify product availability.
- Proficient in, AGi32, AutoCAD, Microsoft Office
- Understanding of IESNA design guidelines.
- Able to read plans and perform take-offs.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Strong organizational skills.
- Energetic self-motivated team player.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Lighting Design or related field.
- 3+ years experience in the lighting industry.
What we offer:
- Dedicated Design office with open workstation environment.
- Latest CAD and AGI software, plotter and custom built PC’s.
- Health, Dental, Vision and Life benefit offered.
- Salary between $50,000 – $65,000 depending upon experience.